Saturday, July 12, 2014

Today was a happy and relaxing day.
I would like to start out this journal by giving out an award to Priscilla William for the Most Supportive Friend of the week. She has gotten up with me at 5am this week and bikes next to me so that I can run on the main road. What a good friend! However, this morning she knocked all other nominees for the award out of the water. She woke up with me at 4:20am and biked a total of 6 miles wearing my heavy backpack while I ran next to her; and this was all so that I could Skype MY boyfriend James Waterman with the Wifi at the hospital at 5am. Very early or very late at the hospital is pretty much the only time that there is a guaranteed decent Wifi connection. That girl is a gem (hold on to her Dave!), so blessed to be doing this internship with her!
So I started out the morning Skyping my dear friend James. James came to Impfondo last summer for 2 months so it is nice to be able to talk about my experiences cause he can relate. This morning he also made sure I had the experience of hearing him fart twice over Skype, what a guy.
After Skype, and the run home, Priscilla and I plopped back in bed and didn’t get up till 11am. The sleep was much needed after a long week new things and early mornings. When we woke up, we an eggs (which are rare here) biscuits, and ham breakfast already made for us by one of our missionary mommas, Sarah Tenpenny. She baked us cinnamon bread yesterday as well, what a sweetheart!
The rest of the day was really relaxing, we played games, colored, ate, and for a majority of the afternoon (5 hours) I had my hair braided into tiny braids by Claire Harvey. I totally fit in now and none of the Africans notice my white skin anymore! Just kidding, but my hair looks awesome and feels so cool!
Later at 9pm we drove to one of the long-term missionaries house (who are currently on furlough) because they have a TV that we could watch the Brazil vs. Netherlands game. We drank coke, at some chips and it was wonderful. It was almost like being at home, except so much more special because the whole occasion was a treat, even down to the cokes.

Goodnight (or good afternoon depending where you are) everyone, have a good Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment